Thursday, January 10, 2008

yeah bra...

...tough guy surfer and Bra Boy Richie Vas getting his here. Supported by Russell Crowe, eh. "Well thems fighting words!"



A lot of our "local" college kid surfers have been excited to see this documentary about the Bra Boys. I can only wonder what type of positive effect it will have on our local surfing scene, especially these being the years where their brains are easily molded.



But maybe something positive could come out of it after all. Did you know...

In August 2005, the group led a 100 person protest against parking meters near the local beaches.

How's that anonymous? Run with it. Here's more about the bosom buddies, I mean Bra Boys.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, shouldn't it be bro boys? and man this pissed me off so bad the I shit my pants, moved to IOP and punched my pop out!

Anonymous said...

West Coast 'repping to Bra Boys. Ahhh, the dichotomy of images in the surf culture....

(See even old kooks with sun addled brains can throw out the five dollar word on occasion)

I.R. said...

That is a nice word. You would think such a magnanimous group would use all their influence for the good of the people instead of tarnishing their name with pissed rumbling. Get farked mate!

Like I said, even these twat-twiddlin street fighters organized a parking meter protest. What's your excuse anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Man, it must be difficult not having to work for a living. I bet the Bra Boys would be singing a diferent tune if the had to pull a shift instead of eachothers cranks.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what do you say we get a convo. going about parking meters or pop outs instead of a surf forecast?

Anonymous said...

Ian,

Since you work and presumably live in the enchanted corner of the world known as Folly Beach why don't you post a daily forecast? The Folly Waves link is updated monthly at best and the Crystal Ball surf cam is grainy and offers no perspective to gauge wave size or quality.

I.R. said...

The last thing we need is another website creating a traffic jam at the washout and or pier or 10th block. Living at the beach affords me the luxury of sneaking out early in the Am when I hear surf breaking across the street. I'm not willing to give that up, as crummy as that surf will be.

buoyweather.com works for me though.