Friday, January 18, 2008

Fox News Report: Folly Beach Goes XXL!!!

Water and Air temperature 54 degrees, waves 3-6 foot with the occasional bomb......its nice to pull up and see this through the sea oats and street signs...

...and I kept this guys dome piece in for scale, he wears a 7 3/4 NEW ERA hat, stickers and tags on, brim straight and slightly tilted to the side...
...this wave is only going to get better, but not a taker in sight...

...it hurts to see this go by unridden, especially with my wetsuit 3 blocks away...

...with the occasional mush monster coming through, I knew SHARKY the RNF would be my weapon of choice with all that rubber...


...no better way to resurrect and old board than with a fresh paint job...

...seriously? You're pulling off this one? I would've replayed it over and over again in my head and probably called my self the P-word at least a hundred times. It's better to go than not go...

...he went, and I'm sure he's still reliving this wave in his head over and over again, except it was way overhead in his mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it every time a decent wave comes through, I'm here at work, looking at it on your stupid blog!!! CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

So did you at least get out?

More importantly, the Jofa bag in the background??? You slap the puck around?

I.R. said...

I had the day off, so I surfed. And yes, I slap(ped) the puck around quite a bit. Growing up in NJ gave me the luxury of playing ice and roller hockey, while losing a couple teeth in the process. I like to cross-train too so if you see me cruising around on rollerblades... please run me over.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was fun. I saw Sharky terrorize a coupla those lefts... one in particular Ian smashed it. So I guess he "can" surf after all....also saw him get stuffed by a longboarder..hehe.

Go Feed A Meter!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have one tooth MIA and still play....though my hips and knees wish I didn't...

I'll run you over if you insist...Have a good weekend.