Monday, January 28, 2008

the many colors of WEEN...

...here's the show poster...


...and here's the setlist:


Porkroll Egg Cheese, Spinal Meningitis, Juicy Colored Marbles, Piss Up A Rope, Learnin to Live, Take Me Away, Grobe, Even If, Voodoo Lady, Your Party, Buckingham Green, You Were A Fool, Light Me Up, Bare Hands, Captain Fantasy, Stroker Ace, Tooter, Johnny on the Spot, Object, Lullaby, Waving my Dick in the Wind, Tick, Doctor Rock, Did you See Me, Mollusk, What Deaner was Talking About, Roses


Encore: Fiesta, Mister Richard Smoker, Mister Would you Please Help my Pony, Bananas and Blow, Hammer Down and Someday

5 comments:

follydude said...

thinking about tripping down to St. Pete on Friday, catching the show, and heading over to Sebastian on Sat/Sun. you in?

Anonymous said...

Nice Pics!

I.R. said...

Definitely was willing to travel for more but have work Friday and Sunday. I'll probably change the oil in the S.S. Bloodfart on Saturday, I've been hearing some squeeking.

I.R. said...

Deaner said:
"Myrtle Beach was a trip out, we played the House of Blues and didn't expect too much of a turnout. We were exhausted from playing 3 nights in a row and about to do our fourth. I'm usually really keyed up before every gig, I have a whole routine that I have to go through to prepare myself--drinking, stretching, smoking, whatever. Well instead I fell asleep, as did Dreiwitz and Coleman. The three of us were all passed out cold when Gabe (our roadie) woke us up with the "ten minutes" signal. The place was sold out, like more than 2,000 people. I've never gone from a deep dark black sleep straight to the stage before and I was totally disoriented. The show turned out to be completely over the top and one of the best evenings of the tour. We went to an afterparty and had a very rock and roll evening, complete with throwing furniture off a tenth floor balcony into a swimming pool until security came and we cut out of there. Good times. The next day I slept for 14 hours, and Claude slept for about 20 hours (our sleep schedules are the most alike on tour). I finally woke him up in his bunk and he looked like he was gonna die."

Yeah, Myrtle Beach will do that to ya.

Kim said...

Awesome. Saw them at the Greek Theater in Berkeley several years ago. Definitely a top 5 show in my lifetime. These guys are so kickass, and totally underrated (but secretly, I kinda like that).