Monday, April 14, 2008

kinked out...

...this was the one session I took out the step-up just to feel it out, and the guy from Zoom Nicaragua.com snapped a shot on my last wave of the morning. After riding a 5'7" exclusively, I threw a little too much neck into turning the 6'2"...




All shots taken by IR, except the top shot, (obviously) taken by the Zoomnicaragua.com. Check out this ridiculous sequence from Popoyo Reef which must've been on the day Colorados (which I've heard is pretty close to Puerto Escondido in terms of heavy beach break, without the rip currents) was pushing double overhead and I got the biggest right of my life. Anyway, this sequence reminds me of Black's.

5 comments:

djjahd said...

so when you are about to catch a x2 overhead.... do you have more time to pop up and set yourself at an angle.... basicly does the swell start to push you earlier than what you have to do around here on a chest high day..... because looking at some of the breaks there make me get that rollercoaster feeling....

I.R. said...

It takes 2 seconds to get to the bottom instead of 1/2 second and you have to get your feet in the right spot on takeoff: most important. After that, project your bottom turn to go mid-face, set your sights for the end wall and start pumping your ass off. Kick out and grin all the way back to the lineup, no claims.

Anonymous said...

No sarcasm here.

Looks like it was a great trip and you scored. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on scoring such great surf!

Chaz Green said...

Pretty good waves for a skater like you!