Monday, February 18, 2008

...Lost Speed Demon 2...


...when I think back to that old Speed Demon 2 I inherited (5'11" x 18 1/2 x 2" for Chris Bx), it reminds me of old California. Crispy offshore mornings, the smell of poo running through the San Elijo lagoon into the lineup and last but not least, breakfast and delicious coffee at Pipes Cafe. Or even a Pipes burger for lunch...mmm.

Unfortunately, its onshore here, it smells like stale beer and I can't get breakfast or a burger because all of the restaurants have turned into gift shops. Besides, after 4 years of beatings, the Speed Demon 2 succumbed to delamination. She performed 2 years on each coast, saw ankle-high Folly and head-high Blacks, was featured on the ...Lost website here and underwent multiple surgeries. She was passed on to someone outside the family who would be able to handle her last moments with out too much emotion. She was good to us. Rest in pieces...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of restaurants turning into gift shops.....I think a commando effort to get those unbelievably, overly bright flourescent lights removed from the front of that store is in order!!!!

R.I.P. SDII

Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartedly. F-ing lime green (proven to be the most eye catching color) and blinding neon lights? Geez. It doesnt take much to bust a couple of those out. All I need is a little bit of whiskey and the "brightness" will be history.

Burchinator said...

IR - thanks for taking the time to recognize such a great board - we did have some great times together - don't worry, I know its february on Folly - I'll buy you some breakfast when I see you next month. Hopefully you will have some new boards waiting for you to break in.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does Taco Boy look like a young Hamburglar? I miss the Lost Dog Cafe for post-surf breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap!! That's exactly what Taco Boy looks like. That has been in my head and I couldn't put my third eye's finger on it. The Hamburglar from south of the border.