Monday, December 10, 2007

Costa Rica Chronicles: 11/23 to 12/1/07 Yeedoggy we're going 5 star...

...so Dominical was obviously a bust. It was time to move north to Hermosa to be closer to the airport for our upcoming departure back to the states. So we figured why not splurge and go 5 star style on this debris free beaches of Playa Hermosa...
...the black sand was a great way to warm your feet up for a mid-day surf...

...if you call this surf. But the Tico locals were super cool here. If you got a nice wave and they had to watch you "properly" surf it they would yell compliments in Spanish and tell you to go the beach so you could critique their surfing. Once they were done you could go back out and have some some American fat ass Shawn Briley wannabe make a mime comment about your zinca covered face, then watch him proceed to go straight on his 7'6" Merrick "shortboard" and fall at every turn attempt. Fat ass. I had other plans though...

...like lounging poolside with a couple Pilsens. This pool was way better than the saltwater pool we had in Dominical. The hotel clerk said the green colored water of the 2 foot deep pool was caused by a self cleaning (and most likely flesh-eating) algae. Sounded good to me because I'm all about "green living" and reducing my carbon footprint (which I burned off on the scolding black sand)... ...so I took my scolded feet and did some PWC assisted tow-ats because my arms were too tired from doing 12 0z. curls to get into these little bowls. More about our 5 star accommodations tomorrow.

No comments: