Friday, October 31, 2008

black cat mojo...

...the black cat = bad luck didn't pan out on this one. The MOIST Biscuit 'n' Gravy model was done and delivered in time for last Saturday's epic 1-day swell. I took Al Merrick's Biscuit outline and added some rocker allowing it to work in a wider range of conditions (because I know way more about shaping than Al...)

The owner has reported back "Its fast as f*** and just what I needed" which makes me happy. He surfs 9th block, and I live on 9th block, so the only way you could get more of a "local shaper" would be to shape it on the beach.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely jealous.... I've been contemplating a biscuit and now you've gone and improved upon it....and you're leaving....so much for what may have been my local shaper!! (Besides, who could resist having a board called "moist"?)

Nice job on the board...it looks nice from the pic.

Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I get moist just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Pictures of the finished board?